The ultimate goal of increasing sales and productivity will not come to fruition without a calculated effort. Top professionals have mastered the fundamentals of Pareto's Principle or the 80/20 Rule. From a retail perspective, this means that that 80 percent of all sales come from 20 percent of clients. Armed with this data, entrepreneurs should consider:
- Identifying the clients who comprise the 20 percent
- Identifying the buying patterns of the 20 percent
- Meeting and exceeding the expectations of the 20 percent
- Fostering those relationships with extra vigor
- Identifying and rewarding top salespeople who've cultivated the 20 percent
Empower your employees with the tools they need, and your profit margins will increase gradually over time. By implementing a sales program that fosters self-confidence, your sales people will not simply perform well -- they'll make your business soar.